“Leadership is the ability to call forth your own best efforts, and the best efforts of others, to achieve a shared future that people care about.”—From the book Missing Conversations, by Heather Jelks and Bridgette Theurer
Heather O’Neill Jelks is dedicated to the development of masterful leaders. She has over 20 years’ experience in organization and leadership development, with a background in leadership coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and training design and delivery. Her clients include both emerging and experienced leaders and their teams in business, education, health care, federal government, and the non-profit sector.
Leaders working with Heather cultivate their executive presence, take actions that capitalize on their strengths, and grow their capacity to build inspired teams. An avid runner and mindfulness meditation practitioner, Heather introduces her clients to leadership concepts and best practices that deepen resilience, wisdom, and well-being. She is an experienced teacher for the Search Inside Yourself leadership program, a science-based mindfulness curriculum that originated at Google and is designed to cultivate emotional intelligence.
Heather graduated from Georgetown University and holds a Master’s in Organization Development from the American University/NTL program as well as a graduate certificate in Conflict Resolution from George Mason University. She is co-author of the recently published book, Missing Conversations: 9 Questions All Leaders Should Ask Themselves and has presented at several national conferences on the topic of leadership. She and her family live in Alexandria, VA.
Heather’s certifications include:
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) by Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Certified Somatic Coach by The Strozzi Institute
- Search Inside Yourself teacher
- Resilient Leadership Coach and Trainer
- Enneagram coach and trainer (iEQ9)
She is trained and qualified to administer the following tools:
- Leadership Circle Profile 360 and Culture Survey
- Resilient Leadership 360 Assessment
- Team Diagnostic Survey
- EQ-I Inventory
- iEQ9 Assessment (Enneagram)
And, she has received significant training in:
- Action Learning
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Transformational Breathwork